Modern metering pumps and dispensers are highly advanced, and have come a long way since the basic reciprocating piston metering pumps. The latest generation of pumps are built to be intelligent and programmable, to provide increased control as well as increased feedback on performance and processes.
The Advantages of an Intelligent Programmable Metering Pump
While standard metering pumps are still technologically advanced, the Intelligent Programmable Metering Pump from Fluid Metering Inc. provides some distinct advantages. In addition to the wide speed range of 10 to 1200 RPM, along with a flow rate of 25 microliters per minute up to 240 milliliters per minute these advantages include:
- 5 programmable inputs and 2 programmable outputs
- Application configurable so you can mix and match inputs and outputs
- Multiple programming platforms supported, including Visual Basic and C++
- Display comprehensive data for monitoring, recording, and tracking
- CANopen protocol supported
- EtherCAT communication possible with optional extension module
- Increased flexibility within a system
On top of these advantages, our pumps at FMI are known for quiet operation, known to be free of vibration that can affect your system, are energy efficient, and run cool to reduce heat buildup.
Applications for Intelligent Programmable Metering Pumps
Programmable metering pumps can be used anywhere where you may use a standard metering pump, but they do allow for increased control. These pumps are perfect for use in:
- Medical – Dispensing solvents, lubricants and adhesives for disposable medical component assembly, as well as, dispensing reagents for diagnostic test kit packaging.
- Laboratory – Automated laboratory fluid & sample handling for analytical instrumentation
- Pharmaceutical – Low & micro-volume production dispensing into vials, ampules, & syringes; sterilization chemical metering; dissolution system chemical addition
- Industrial & Process – Nutrient, flavor, and preservative addition, as well as dispensing aseptic packaging agents for food processing; performance additives for petroleum production; chemical metering for pilot plants
Here at Fluid Metering, we produce not only some of the most reliable and efficient Programmable Metering Pumps on the market, but we have 55 years of experience in the field. This means we can quickly, efficiently, and accurately develop a plan for your pump needs, and help to put it into action. We will utilize our comprehensive, searchable database to match your application to our pumps and systems, matching up your details to a tee. So get in touch with us today to find out about seeing the Intelligent Programmable Metering Pump in action in your system!