This year, Fluid Metering, Inc. (FMI) celebrates its 55th year exhibiting at key industry trade exhibitions worldwide. This week FMI will participate in the MD&M East Exhibition, acclaimed to be the largest Medical Technology conference on the East Coast, which takes place June 10-12 in at the Javits Center in New York City. In Booth #765, FMI’s veteran application specialists will accompany their eye-catching, interactive display of valveless metering pumps and dispensers, welcoming visitors with product demonstrations as well as offering solutions to new applications. We at FMI would like to share a few basic tips to help potential visitors get the most from attending a trade show. Having a strategy and knowing what you would like to accomplish before, during, and after the show will help maximize efficiency, save time, and help you achieve your goals. Consider the following helpful planning tips:
- Skip the lines with pre-registration
The MD&M East shows provide multiple ways to pre-register. This will allow you to bypass the badging process and head straight through the doors with little wait. For pre-registration and free hall admission (a $95 value register) online at MDMeast.com using Fluid Metering’s source code: BZ. You will also be first in line for the latest show news, offers and benefits via e-alerts. You will invariably receive full show previews in advance plus invitations to networking events and details of special show promotions
- Use Event Apps for Effective Planning
While digital editions are a common format for producing show guides and show dailies, event apps are becoming another popular platform to increase your trade show productivity. Here are our favorites:
another popular platform to increase your trade show productivity. Here are our favorites:
becoming another popular platform to increase your trade
- The MD&M East online Event Planner and Mobile App
Create a personalized agenda of people you want to meet, presentations you don’t want to miss and more – all from your desktop. Then, download the companion mobile app to your smartphone so you can have your plan in hand.
With this app you can connect with other attendees and find the suppliers you are looking for. You can even search by keywords, areas of interest, or company name and send them a message or request a meeting at the event. Additionally, you can search exhibitor listings, get full event schedule, floorplan maps,speaker listings and a lot more…since the Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby of the conference center, these tools get very handy.
- CardMunch— is a free iPhone app that turns business cards into contacts by transferring contact information to your phone.
- EverNote— We’ve all done it – returned from an exhibition with a pocket full of business cards, and literature, which never see the light of day again. Never again will you collect a bunch of paper at trade shows just to remember the product offering. Take pictures, make notes and be organized after the show ends with EverNote: an app that turns your iPhone into an organizer. A few quick photos, and not only do you have faces to relate to later, but the booth, logos, products and the text of the brochures ready to use for follow up.
- Look for exhibitors with ISO certification.
Do your own research before an event so you are well prepared for your meetings. For example look for companies with ISO 9001:2008, as ISO certifications meet international medical device manufacturing standards and are capable of fulfilling your orders in a streamlined, timely fashion.
- Speak with experts in the booth One of the great assets of the exhibition medium is that we come face to face with concepts and ideas which we have either never considered or have dismissed. It’s vital that you focus on meeting the most useful people for your application or project. At Fluid Metering,experienced application specialists are always on hand to demonstrate products, review your specific requirements, and recommend the best FMI solution for you. After over 55 years of providing dispensing and metering solutions, FMI has acquired hundreds of applications in its comprehensive, searchable database. We can search by fluid, application specs, industry, etc. and most likely be able to tell you when, how, and what pump was used to do it before.
About Fluid Metering – FMI pioneered the first patented valveless rotating and reciprocating piston metering pump concept. Our dispensers and metering pumps are the industry standard for high degree of accuracy, precision and durability. Fluid Metering pumps are utilized in a broad range of Medical, Laboratory, Analytical, Industrial Process, Environmental and OEM applications requiring precision fluid control.
To learn more about how Fluid Metering’s valveless pump can help you, visit booth #765 at the Javits Center We look forward to seeing everyone this week at the MD&M East 2014 Show or visit our website to live chat with an FMI application specialist.